Celebrating Excellence in Sustainability
Presented by Woking News & Mail
in association with the
University of Surrey
CREST21 – It’s going to be worth the wait
CREST20 was postponed due to COVID 19 – but Surrey’s first sustainable business awards will adapt and survive as a hybrid event as CREST21 – and now the CREST21 Business Awards finalists are revealed
Surrey’s first Sustainable Business Awards CREST21 event has been rescheduled for 20 May 2021, with a hybrid style awards ceremony at The Lightbox in Woking.
The Corporate Responsibility for the Environment and a Sustainable Tomorrow 2021 (CREST21) awards are being run as a joint project by the Woking News & Mail with the University of Surrey’s Centre for Environment and Sustainability, with Surrey County Council its Headline Sponsor.
Supported by Woking Borough Council, other sponsors include Chambers Recycling is sponsoring the Sustainability Hero Award, Holdsway interim executive recruitment specialists is sponsoring the Efficiency Champion Award, Kier is sponsoring the Sustainability Impact Award and Planet Woking is sponsoring Transforming Food.
CREST21 Sustainable Business Awards – the first awards of its kind in Surrey – highlighting how organisations and businesses are seeking to address climate-change issues.
A joint initiative by the Woking News & Mail and the internationally acclaimed University of Surrey’s Centre for Environment and Sustainability, the awards aim to inspire and motivate innovation to protect the environment and promote more sustainable working and lifestyle habits.
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities for companies remain available from as little as £1,000.
Be amazing – be a part of a new venture to honour organisations in and around Woking helping to make the economy, society and environment more sustainable.
Sign up now – become an event or category sponsor in this new venture launched by the News & Mail and the University of Surrey, supported by Woking Borough Council and the World Wildlife Fund.
Awards opening date for entry – 1st February 2021 – with the award ceremony to be held on 20 May 2021 at The Lightbox in Woking.
A Celebration of innovation, creativity, expert knowledge and collaboration to meet sustainability challenges by individuals, teams and organisations from all sectors and sizes: from sole traders to multinationals, private enterprise to public sector.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transforming Food Award
– for an organisation that is transforming the food system to create a positive impact on people and the environment.
Going Circular Award
– for an organisation that is making measurable progress towards going circular and reducing the environmental impact of their business.
Resilience in Crisis Award – NEW for CREST 2021
– for an organisation that demonstrates that it survived the upheavals of the pandemic by making a quick business pivot for positive environmental or social outcomes.
Efficiency Champion Award
– for an organisation making significant resource saving improvements and greater use of renewable resources.
Sustainability Impact Award
– for an organisation that is consistently improving people’s lives through its day to day business practices.
Sustainability Hero Award
– a person who has gone ‘above and beyond’ in bringing about sustainable change within their organisation or wider community – selected from the entries for the other six categories.