Celebrating Excellence in Sustainability
Presented by Woking News & Mail
in association with the
University of Surrey
CREST20 – It’s going to be worth the wait
COVID 19 blow to CREST20 – Surrey’s first sustainable business awards is postponed
Surrey’s first Sustainable Business Awards CREST20 event has been postponed until 20 May 2021, with an awards ceremony at the WWF Living Planet Centre in Woking.
The Corporate Responsibility for the Environment and a Sustainable Tomorrow 2020 (CREST20) awards are being run as a joint project by the Woking News & Mail with the University of Surrey’s Centre for Environment and Sustainability, with Surrey County Council its Headline Sponsor.
Supported by Woking Borough Council, other sponsors include Chambers Recycling is sponsoring the Sustainability Hero Award, Holdsway interim executive recruitment specialists is sponsoring the Efficiency Champion Award, William Lacey Group is sponsoring the Sustainability Impact Award and Planet Woking is sponsoring Transforming Food.
CREST20 Sustainable Business Awards – the first awards of its kind in Surrey – highlighting how organisations and businesses are seeking to address climate-change issues.
A joint initiative by the Woking News & Mail and the internationally acclaimed University of Surrey’s Centre for Environment and Sustainability, the awards aim to inspire and motivate innovation to protect the environment and promote more sustainable working and lifestyle habits.
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities for companies remain available from as little as £1,000.
Be amazing – be a part of a new venture to honour organisations in and around Woking helping to make the economy, society and environment more sustainable.
Sign up now – become an event or category sponsor in this new venture launched by the News & Mail and the University of Surrey, supported by Woking Borough Council and the World Wildlife Fund.
Awards will open for entry in June 2020 with the award ceremony to be held on 12 November at the WWF’s Living Planet Centre in Woking.
A Celebration of innovation, creativity, expert knowledge and collaboration to meet sustainability challenges by individuals, teams and organisations from all sectors and sizes: from sole traders to multinationals, private enterprise to public sector.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transforming Food Award
– for an organisation that is transforming the food system to create a positive impact on people and the environment.
Going Circular Award
– for an organisation that is making measurable progress towards going circular and reducing the environmental impact of their business.
Smarter Transport Award
– for an organisation that is revolutionising its transport needs to more sustainable options.
Efficiency Champion Award
– for an organisation making significant resource saving improvements and greater use of renewable resources.
Social Innovation Award
– for an organisation that is achieving social impact through their business, the local community or national level.
Sustainability Impact Award
– for an organisation that is consistently improving people’s lives through its day to day business practices.
Sustainability Hero Award
– a person who has gone ‘above and beyond’ in bringing about sustainable change within their organisation or wider community – selected from the entries for the other six categories.